Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm FAMOUS!

Ok, not really. Not even close.

However, I WAS delighted to see a reference to my flip turn post in Slowtwitch's interview with Peter Vanderkaay. I mean, this dude was in the US relay team that beat the Aussie team that included Ian Thorpe and Grant Hackett!

Anyway, check out the interview here:
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/A_chat_with_Peter_Vanderkaay_188.html

About three quarters of the way down is the reference:

ST: In a recent heated ST forum discussion the question came up if flip turns are important for triathletes who swim mostly open water races. Do you have any words of wisdom here?

Peter: I am definitely not an expert in the realm of triathlon but I would say that flip turns would help in the pool because it retains speed in and out of the wall. That is also the goal in open water swimming so maybe it carries over. I definitely don’t think it would hurt to do them.


I'm glad I chose to start doing flip turns. If Peter Vanderkaay says it is so, then it is so.

No comments: