Sunday, February 28, 2010

Winter Training coming to an end

There are no miracles in running - Running with the Buffaloes


As Mark Wetmore told his CU runners "there are no miracles in running". You get out what you put in. When it comes down to it what counts are the early mornings, the late nights and the foot prints you leave in the snow. Lacing up day after day is not the easiest thing in the world but its these small, incremental investments that add up overtime.

This winter has been a season of incrementals. Incrementals which at the end of the day, I'm hoping to add up to be greater than the sum of its parts. It is with these baby steps that I have gotten where I am today. Where I go from here is just a matter of how I decide to structure my training. I'm in uncharted territory now and I feel that I need to decide on a game plan soon.

I have no intention of relying on miracles.

No comments: