Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Countdown Begins

One more week till I reach the goal of the off-season. It didn't occur that I was on track till this past few days. The thing is not only am I on track to hit it, I actually have a chance of surpassing it. Whether I do or not is immaterial though- I'm just delighted that I'm in the position to see it through.

It's odd that just a few months ago I thought that all was lost. Coming off a painful marathon finish I could barely run 5 miles before my heel started to hurt. November was a totally lost month. Watching the fall days fly by was one of the hardest things I've had to do. However, in retrospect it was probably a good idea that I kept off my feet entirely. It's hard to believe how everything came together and worked out so well.

No comments: