Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No rest for the wicked

The countdown has begun.

4 days till the race. Ideally, I should be tapering fulltime now, however I can't resist pushing it a bit. All this time off is getting in my head... I feel like I'm brimming with nervous energy, all of which is seeking release.

I was supposed to go for an easy run today and I ended up doing a 22 minute tempo run. The moment I stepped outdoors my legs tore off its shackles and sprinted, literally, for freedom.

The good news is that it felt great. A year ago, the pace I'm was hitting today would have left me a lot more out of breath that I was. In retrospect, even though physiologically running hard today was probably not a good idea, the confidence boost it gave me probably more than made up for it.

Ok. Back to the serious business of resting!

No comments: