Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Streak Endeth

And so it has come to an end... my workout streak dating back to Dec 17th, 2007. That was the last day, till today, in which I did not do a swim, bike or run session (or any combination thereof).

I made the decision to not hop on my trainer after I felt the beginnings of an upper respiratory infection. For me URI, historically, lasts for weeks on end. It's a painful ordeal and at this point I'd rather not put any more stress on my immune system than necessary and hope against all hope that what I have is just a sore throat.

How life has not intervened to end this streak earlier is beyond me. I grinded through Christmas, New Years, a foot injury, ski trips but alas, it the fear of a URI has stopped me dead in my tracks.

February 5th, 2008- a date which will live in infamy.

No comments: